Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sit back and relax because FILMING starts right now

On Saturday I had an 8 hour practice for my competition in Anaheim, California. It made me realize that if I just concentrate on editing for one whole day then I’ll be able to finish editing before I wanted to finish it. Story board is done, voice over is written, and equipment is ready. All I have to do is start packing for the competition! I’m really excited and I’m we’re going to workshops in which I’ll learn important information about film and editing that I’ll definitely use for the movie trailers. Last year the producer from the show Baby Daddy came to the conference and talked about the process of producing and writing a whole new tv show. It’s really impressive how much they do and I can’t be happier to get this opportunity. To film I asked several chaperones that are going to the trip to act as parents and teachers of the main character so it’s realistic since I don’t want it to be a movie trailer in which all the people look the same age but one’s a high school student and the other one is a teacher or a parent.

I’m going to be competing on a Wednesday, meaning that Thursday is going to be the main production day when we’re at the trip, since Corina and I decided to go to Downtown Disney that day to have lunch to have like a post-competition meal. We’re going to be doing several things that you don’t usually see like a Cupcake ATM (I still don’t understand exactly what it is, the concept confuses me), go to see a Disney show, go to see all the food that they have there (since it’s not normal). We’re going with some friends so they can act like if they were trying to find her because she “ran away”. I’m really excited to see how this comes out! I’m using a Canon and a Nikon DSLR to film everything because it’s super easy to use and it’s super easy to transport! These movie trailers are going to come out really nicely! I'm not really a filmmaker, I'm going to major in Multimedia Journalism so thinking about all these ideas and different techniques make me really proud of this. I'm so excited to start production tomorrow!

Until next time!
Karla Recio

Independent Journalist

No comments:

Post a Comment