Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Here we go again

This is a picture of the TOC of my
magazine that I did last year. This puppy
was going to be in the movie but there
was a change of plans.
Hellooooooo! I’m back (whoop whoop) It’s going to be a little different from last year’s project because now i have to make 2 movie trailers, a website for the film and a poster. In comparison from last year it was a magazine and I thought that it was a lot of work(silly me). I wanted to make a movie trailer that would kind of fit the theme of my magazine, which was about puppies! But, my friend that has 4 puppies(yes, FOUR PUPPIES) will be in the Netherlands visiting her boyfriend so she won’t let me just go take her puppies and film them with me and a bunch of strangers(my tech crew). 

But I’m so excited to do this movie trailer!! I had an idea for a long time and now I’m excited to share it. It’s about a girl with 2-3 weeks to live since she has a brain tumor and since brain tumors change someone’s behavior, which will be shown in the movie trailer. I’m working for this camp called Camp Cypress which is all about giving kids the best day of their lives, and in the movie trailer the main character’s friends are trying to give this girl the best 2 weeks of her life. The target audience will be Gen Zs and Millennials that are in between the ages of 13 to 25 since those are the ages that appeal the most to movies that include romance and diseases that might be fatal. I researched the The Fault in Our Stars target audience and I saw that most of the people that watched the movie were females in middle school and in high school. I researched that movie since it has kind of the same things such as a main character with a fatal disease and a relationship between her and a guy that is also helping with her last 2 weeks being the best weeks of her life. I’m working on a storyboard this week so you all can see how everything will look like. But now, here are some pictures of the hotel and the places I’ll be filming at for these movie trailers! (I'm going to Anaheim, California from March 27th to April 1st)
Disneyland

Disney California Adventure
Hilton Anaheim Hotel

Until next time!
Karla Recio
Independent Journalist 

"Mood Swings and Cognitive Changes." Mood Swings and Cognitive Changes | American Brain Tumor Association. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Mar. 2017.


"The Fault in Our Stars." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 28 Feb. 2017. Web. 01 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment